Day Three – fruits AND veggies! It’s a little bit easier than yesterday because I have more options. So I have stuffed myself with everything I’m allowed to eat!
- Breakfast: espresso, grapes, and cranberry juice
- Lunch: cabbage soup, salad (w/ lemon vinaigrette), pear
- Snacks: kale chips, chick peas (see below)
- Dinner: cabbage soup, tomato & cucumber salad, cauliflower steamer
- Dessert: strawberry smoothie (made with frozen berries and 100% cranberry juice)
It’s hard to not snack when you’re on a diet. So Kiley made us Kale chips and roasted chick peas! They’re no potato chips, but when you’re on a diet, they sure taste close. Take a look at the recipes below!
Can’t wait until the end of the week when I will probably end up reversing all of this hard work with all the cheese, wine, and bread I’m going to eat….
- Cooking spray
Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Tear off kale leaves into small pieces, spreading onto baking sheet. Add another quick spray of cooking spray on top.
Top with your choice of spices, such as onion powder, garlic, parsley, and sea salt. (Use salt in moderation if you’re on the diet.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the edges start to crisp.
Roasted Chick Peas
- 2 cans chick peas
- olive oil
- seasoning (we used onion powder, garlic, parsley, and sea salt)
Rinse chick peas and dry with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil and seasoning, then spread on a baking sheet.
Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until crispy.
Leave a Reply