On this gloomy afternoon I thought I’d share some picks for the best rooftop bars in NYC. I can’t say I’ve visited them all but they come highly recommended online and from friends.
- Gallow Green at the McKittrick Hotel [542 W 27th St, between 10th and 11th] – UrbanDaddy highlights this rooftop bar above the venue for Sleep No More (Gossip Girl anyone?) and calls it a “floral-and-cobblestone dreamscape.” UD also hints at an upcoming “perk” for grabbing a cocktail at this dreamy spot.
- STK Rooftop [12 Little West 12th Street] The meatpacking location of STK (right across from the Standard Biergarten and hotel) has a great view via the cozy couches. Be careful how you’re dressed, however – we once attempted to go in shorts and were not-so-politely denied entry.
- Rare View Rooftop Chelsea [152 West 26th Street] This rooftop discovery is courtesy of NYC PR girls – one of the happening NYC blogs. Check out this rare view of the Empire State building from atop this drinkery.
- Birreria – Eataly [200 5th Ave.] This rooftop is above the new(ish) Italian marketplace. Located in the Flatiron District, this rooftop bar has a retractable roof and is open year-round.
- 230 Fifth [230 Fifth Ave.] You can’t forget the address on this one and the atmosphere is just as memorable. Great for a drink after work or even a classy, low-key gathering.
- Hudson Terrace [621 W 46th St] This rooftop is on my to-do list. A chic space for day or night, the rooftop garden is worth a drink or two.
Have any others you would add to the list?